Review: Warrior Prince by Nancy J. Cohen

Warrior Prince - Nancy J. Cohen

Series: The Drift Lords, #1

Book Description:

When mythologist and Florida resident Nira Larsen accepts a job as tour guide for a mysterious stranger, she's drawn into a nightmare reality where ancient myths come alive and legendary evils seek to destroy her. To survive, she must awaken her dormant powers, but the only person who can help is the man whose touch inflames her passion.

After a dimensional rift in the Bermuda Triangle cracks open and an ancient enemy invades Earth, Zohar—leader of the galactic warriors known as the Drift Lords—summons his troops. He doesn't count on a redheaded spitfire getting in his way and capturing his heart. Nira has the power to defeat the enemy and to enslave Zohar's soul. Can he trust her enough to accomplish his mission, or will she lure him to his doom?

My Thoughts:

This will be a short review because I had to give up after about 98 pages. I just can't force myself through a book I don't like.

Since I don't have much to say, I'm going to be quick and blunt--like pulling off a bandaid. The dialogue was cheesy, the plot bored me, the characters felt two-dimensional, I felt no connection at all between Zohar and Nira, and the overall feel of the book was very campy. If you like campy futuristic romance then maybe you will find something in this book I did not, but I can only review it based on my own experience with it...and it just didn't work for me.