Sample Review: Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six) by Melissa Haag

Hope(less)  - Melissa Haag

Book Blurb: Our world is being judged and we remain unaware.

In a world filled with people, Gabby is uniquely alone. The tiny glowing sparks filling her mind that represent the people around her, confirm it as does the bizarre inexplicable draw she has on men.

Struggling to find an explanation for her sight while dodging unwanted male attention, Gabby meets Sam. The chance encounter leads to a startling revelation - werewolves are real.

Hoping the existence of something so extraordinary might lead to the answers she is seeking, Gabby enters into a hidden society where fur is optional. There she meets Clay, the werewolf delusional enough to think he has a chance with her. Gabby's plans for her future do not include a mate, but rather college, career, and then a huge 'we'll see'.

Gabby leaves the furry hidden society behind when she moves off to college, but trouble has a way of following and finding her. When other werewolves start stalking her, and anomalies in the sparks she sees begin to appear, she must count on Clay's help or risk loosing the chance to find the answers she searches for.

Sample Musings: At first it seemed interesting but it eventually started to just plod along and got boring. I found myself losing interest. I also found it a little hard to swallow that her foster parents didn't find it odd that an old man wanted to be such close friends with a 16-year-old even if Gabby did claim that he was a friend of her grandfather's. There were also enough typos in the sample to make me wary of the proofreading for the remainder of the book. Not an egregiuos amount, but enough.

Sample Verdict: I will pass on this one. I just didn't feel compelled to keep reading.

Cover Art: Okay

Sample Musings are based solely on the sample reading and do not reflect a review of the entire book.