No Rest for the Wicca - Toni LoTempio The book starts off with a scene that grabbed my attention, which I really liked, and introduces us to Morgan Hawkes, a smart-mouthed, ass-kicking, half-wiccan ghostbuster. Morgan can sense and communicate with spirits trapped between worlds and send them on to another plane. Cole St. John is an Inheritor vampire who needs Morgan’s help to solve a series of murders involving witches. He first comes off as arrogant and supercilious, but soon the attraction between Morgan and Cole is evident and you start to see a softer side to Cole. I would like to have seen more of Cole’s vampire nature. Though Cole is a vampire, he is of the variety that can blend in with the human population (walk in sunlight, rarely needs blood, etc). Perhaps it is this aspect that reduced the sense of him being a vampire.Morgan has to learn how to embrace her Voodoo and Wiccan heritage, use this knowledge to help Cole solve the murders, and come to terms with her own demons from the past all while she figures out what the heck to do about her attraction to a vampire.The romance was not overpowering to the story. There seemed to be more of an emphasis on the intrigue, but there was definitely a building romantic tension between Morgan and Cole. As individuals, I liked Morgan and Cole, but as a couple I didn’t really feel much of a connection between them. The few brief love scenes that were in the story just didn’t flow well for me (like watching a game of twister and trying to figure out how the heck he got his left hand on blue while she has her right foot on yellow) and did not help in establishing that connection.I had a hard time deciding what to rate this book. I really liked the story, the characters, and the dialogue. It was paced pretty well and I found myself wanting to get back to it when I had to put it down. However, I had some issues with some of the mechanics of the story such as numerous typos, some inconsistencies, repetitive phrases (there was much clucking of the tongue), a few awkward scenes, and some other quirks. A little more spit and polish could make this book really shine. Overall I enjoyed it and would be interested in reading more of this world. There were secondary characters I would like to see again like the troll we meet at the beginning and Xia, who is Morgan’s cousin, roomie, and also a witch. The book seemed pretty wrapped up at the end with no cliffhangers, so I’m not sure if this is part of a series or not. I tried to find information about what Toni is currently working on, but alas, there was not much info to be found. I guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes open and see what pops up. http://indieparanormalbooksreviews.blogspot.com/