Day of Sacrifice (Day of Sacrifice #1)

Day of Sacrifice: The Prophecy - Stacey Wallace Benefiel At 15,000 words this book is either a long short story or a short novella, depending on your perspective. Stacey's new series shows her versatility while retaining that wonderful writing style that I enjoyed so much in Glimpse, her YA series. This series is definitely for an older audience but every much as enjoyable.The opening scene grabbed me right away and that is just the way I like it! Flora has a lot of spunk and a smart mouth, again...just the way I like it. The romance between Flora and Julian moved fast, maybe a little too fast, but hey, Flora only had three days to live, ya know...in theory. Their relationship and the secrets that are revealed set into motion actions that will upset the Gods' apple cart, and the Gods are not going to be happy campers about it!The ending was action packed, but beware if you don't like cliffhangers! I guessed the "big picture" of what would happen but when it got down to the details I was surprised. I'm eager to see where this story will go in the next installment as there were some questions about the ending that I'm hoping will be answered in the next book, Rebellion: The Outer Territory, due to be released January 2011.