Soul Catcher - Leigh Bridger There were so many things about this book that I liked that I don’t know what to say first. So let’s start with the basic story. Livia Van Belane is a Soul Catcher. Ian Thornton is a Soul Hunter. Every time they die, they are reincarnated into another life to continue their battle against the demon world. There is one particular demon that is chasing them through every lifetime bent on violent revenge. Livia and Ian are soul mates and Ian seeks her out in every lifetime even though Livia, for some reason, doesn’t want to be found. It has taken over 200 years, but this time he has found her and isn’t about to let go. They must work together to find out why the demon wants them , how to vanquish him, and why Livia is so determined not to get close to Ian. This urban fantasy started out a little dark, but I soon discovered that there were many lighter contrasting elements to the story to balance out the darker side. My favorite elements were the boons, pogs, and charms, which were good spirits that helped Livia and Ian. Livia also has spirit guides that help her in each lifetime. Then there is Ian, who is a more lighthearted personality (with an Irish brogue…oh yea, gotta love a brogue). A nice change from the usual brooding alpha male lead you find in paranormal fiction. He is a good contrast for Livia, who is more serious, a loner, cynical and snarky…but then she does have some reasons to be that way. It takes Livia a long time to come to terms with her destiny and to accept Ian (due to a disturbing event near the beginning of the book). This book had me alternately crying and chuckling. The characters were likeable and it was easy to connect with them. The dialogue was just right for me. I wish I kept track of all the great one-liners! An absorbing story with a cliffhanger ending that has me wanting more….now!Soul Catcher is Book 1 of the Outsider series written by Leigh Bridger (pseudonym for Deborah Smith) and is set in Asheville, North Carolina. The book contains violent and sometimes disturbing scenes, there is some explicit sex though not as much as you might find in a good paranormal romance, and a heck of a lot of swearing. This is appears to be a trilogy and I for one cannot wait for the next book! So, my question then is, Ms. Bridger…How long do I have to wait? Warning: There is a brutal rape near the beginning and a torture scene later in the book that some people may find disturbing and uncomfortable to read.