Review: Haunting Desire by Erin Quinn

Haunting Desire - Erin Quinn

SERIES: Mists of Ireland, #3

BOOK BLURB:
Shealy O'Leary thought the ancient Book of Fennore a myth until she and her father are sucked into the past-and into the cursed no-man's land called Fennore. There Shealy learns that she has a rare power that their enemy seeks. Aided by the dangerous and compelling warrior, Tiarnan, Shealy must find her father and learn how to wield her gift to save those she loves or die in this waking nightmare...

A man desperate to regain his honor

After failing both his land and people, Tiarnan was damned to spend eternity in the black heart of Fennore. His only hope comes in the shape of a beautiful, frightened woman from the future. For she possesses a gift she is unaware of. A gift with the power to save ...or destroy them all.

A desire that drives their destiny

Together, Shealy and Tiarnan begin their perilous quest-a mission that draws them closer and closer together. And as the odds against them mount, so does their passion. The intensity of their bond electrifies the couple, their love powering Shealy's gift and Tiarnan's strength. But their newfound connection threatens to ruin them both-and bring to life a long ago prophecy of devastation and betrayal...

MY THOUGHTS:

My initial gut reaction was 4.5 stars or maybe 5 stars, but after mulling over some of the issues I had with the story, I am giving this 4 stars. Regardless of the issues I had, I was completely engaged in this story from the start and really enjoyed it. This was actually the first book I've read in this series and I'll have to go back and read books 1 and 2 now before I go on to book 4. Even though I hadn't yet read the first two books, I didn't really feel lost at all. I know there is some relation between the books but I didn't feel like there were glaring chunks of back story missing to make me wonder what the heck was going on. On the other hand, it could possibly explain some of the issues I had with the story...but not all of them.