Destiny of the Wolf

Destiny of the Wolf - Terry Spear I am wavering between 3.5 and 4 stars on this one. I liked it better than the first book, [b:Heart of the Wolf|2472565|Heart of the Wolf (Book #1)|Terry Spear|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qSg6Su1TL._SL75_.jpg|2479762]. It seemed to move along at a better pace. None of the characters or story line carry over from the first book so it can be read as a standalone. I noticed a couple of very minor details that are related to the first book but nothing important to the story.One detail that annoyed me a bit is that it was mentioned early in the book that the heroine is supposed to have some martial arts training yet throughout the whole book (except for one instance where she is bullied by three women) she allows herself to be pushed around, taken here and there, kidnapped, attacked, etc. but never even seems to attempt to utilize any of that training. Why make a point of telling us she has martial arts skills then not really utilize them in the story in any significant way?