Review: The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld Series #7)

The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter

SERIES: Lords of the Underworld, #7

BOOK BLURB:

In this sexy new installment of Showalter's bestselling Lords of the Underworld series, the haunted Amun meets a woman who tempts him like no other...

Keeper of the demon of Secrets, Amun can manipulate the darkest thoughts of anyone nearby. But when the immortal warrior is chained and isolated to protect those he loves, death is his only hope of release—until he meets Haidee, a fellow prisoner whose beauty and hidden vulnerability draw him into a reckless test of his loyalty.

Haidee is a demon-assassin, raised to despise Amun's kind. Yet how can she hate the man whose touch sets her aflame? But to save him, she must give herself body and soul...and face the wrath of a powerful adversary sworn to destroy her.

MY THOUGHTS:

I wasn't sure how much I would like this one since Amun was never one of my favorite characters. Maybe that is because he didn't really have as much screen (page?) time in previous books and he doesn't talk, so I didn't really connect with his character. I have to say though I did quite like his story and now I like Amun much better. I even hadz watery eyes at one point...sniff, sniff. It was sadz. (no, I wasn't crying, really, just teary... no, really!). I am also intrigued by Zacharel, a warrior angel, and I hope to see more of him in the upcoming books with maybe a side story of his own or even in a novella. That would be sweet.

I love the way future stories and plot points are set up (or continued from past books) in this series and the way the characters always show up in each others books in more than just cameo appearances that gives a sense of the continuing stories but never overshadows the main characters' story.

Strider's book is next, then on to Paris's story (finally!)

Source: My Personal Library