Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1)

Samson's Lovely Mortal  - Tina Folsom Scanguards Vampires, Book 1Samson Woodford is a vampire. Gorgeous. Wealthy. Sexy. Virile...um, well maybe not so much lately. Ya see, Samson has a bit of a problem. He can't get it up. Yup, ever since he was betrayed by his vampire lover on the eve of their blood-bonding his sex drive has gone down the drain. That was nine months ago and still the hydraulics aren't working until Delilah, a human, enters his life and suddenly things start "looking up". Maybe this is the answer to his problem.Delilah Sheridan, working on an assignment as a forensic auditor just wanted to pick up some dinner on her way home. Out of nowhere she is attacked but she breaks away from her attacker and runs...right into the arms of Samson Woodford. Now that wouldn't be so bad except that he thinks she's a stripper! Gah! Never mind that his friends were just trying to help him with his little problem. And never mind that her body seems traitorously attracted to him or that he looks at her like he's ready to devour her. She's not that type of girl...or is she?When a second attack occurs Samson is convinced it is no coincidence. Someone is out to get Delilah, but who? And why? What started as just a solution to his impotence problem is turning into much more than he bargained for. And Delilah? Well, she doesn't even know this hunk of sexiness is a vampire...yet.*****My first thought when I finished this book was, "Wow! That was awesome!". My next thought was, "Damn, there better be another book". (And there is, yay!)The first line definitely gets your attention and it didn't let go from there. There was a small part where you got some character back story that went a little slow but not enough to lose the momentum. The suspense part of the story wasn't that involved and I figured out at least one of the "bad guys" fairly soon. However, it was enough intrigue to keep me interested.What really drives this story is the romance between Samson and Delilah. My favorite part of the book was the main love scene between them. I think the author did a fantastic job on this part. The actual sex scene flowed well. The scene was actually fairly long but it wasn't all about the sex. It was intimate, emotional, and even playful at times. It really helped to create the connection between them.The attraction between Samson and Delilah grows as they try to figure out the mystery behind who is after Delilah. Samson is worried about how Delilah will react to his being a vampire. He knows she is the one he is meant to be with, he feels their connection and senses her pain from a past secret regret. He just needs to convince Delilah they were meant to be together.This book is an erotic paranormal romance so there is explicit and graphic sex. There is one short scene between some secondary characters that includes rear-door activity, but other than that it is straight-forward m/f romance. For an erotic romance there was a very good balance between sex and story. I definitely recommend this one to lovers of vampire romance. The next book in this series is Amaury's Hellion.http://indieparanormalbooksreviews.blogspot.com/