Eyes Only For Me by Andrew Grey

Eyes Only for Me - Andrew  Grey

I think the main issue I had with this book was the dialogue but this also influenced my connection to the characters. The dialogue felt very unrealistic and awkward. Clay's numerous monologues came across as constant lecturing or some kind of imparting of his wisdom... whatever. I often gave the dialogue a side-eye and wondered why the heck he would say that or what the heck does that mean? I think this issue with the dialogue was the reason, or part of it anyway, why I couldn't connect with the characters that much and I didn't really feel much of a connection between Clay and Ronnie either. Some of the characters behaviors just felt off in a way I can't really describe. The feels were seriously lacking.  And what's up with Clay who says more than once he won't tell anybody about him and Ronnie, but then he tells like three people!  An old work friend, his dad, and one of their mutual friends that they both hang out with who is also gay. Seriously? The cover is a little misleading, too. It comes across to me like the guys are angry at each other and gives the feel of an enemies to lovers story when in fact it is a friends to lovers story.  So interested enough to finish it but overall a little meh.