2015 - Series Clean Up Challenge Redux (June Update)

— feeling grin

I've come to the conclusion I pretty much suck at reading challenges, but I managed to squeeze in another one for my series clean up challenge. BUT!... I also managed to finished up two other series in June not on my challenge list and it was totally unplanned. Woot!

Demonica Series by Larissa Ione -  DONE!

Midnight Trilogy by Cynthia Eden - DONE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to the actual challenge.

BOOKS LEFT TO READ IN SERIES CLEAN UP CHALLENGE. I'll remove the books from the images below as I finish them.

Embrace Me at Dawn - Shayla Black  Divine Misdemeanors - Laurell K. Hamilton A Shiver of Light - Laurell K. Hamilton Like a Charm - Candace Havens  My Fair Succubi (The Succubus Diaries Book 3) - Jill Myles Succubi Are Forever - Jill Myles  Red Mortal - Deidre Knight
* * *

This month I cleaned up my series list by finishing Honeymoon of the Dead by Tate Hallaway. It has been a looong time since I read the previous book in this series so I wasn't sure how much I would remember of the characters and if I would be into it at all.  Well, it turned out I did remember most of the main players, but Sebastian was a boring vampire and I would like to have seen more of Matyas and William. Overall, it was okay and I enjoyed it well enough but I think it fell flat as an end-of-series book. On the other hand, IIRC, the series was canceled by the publisher instead of reaching it's natural end so that might have something to do with it. I was also getting impatient with the descriptions of things (hotel rooms, neighborhoods, etc) to the point that I found myself skimming over them. Note on the cover: the girl's gumby arms kinda freak me out!  It's also not in the same style as the previous books and I don't think it represents the story or Garnet herself, who has a pixie haircut not long hair that can be put in an up do.

4  Down, 7 To Go!

1.   Embrace Me at Dawn by Shayla Black (The Doomsday Brethren)

2.   Honeymoon of the Dead by Tate Hallaway (Garnet Lacey) JUN 2015

3.   Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton (Meredith Gentry)

4.   Shiver of Light by Laurell K. Hamilton (Meredit Gentry)

5.   Like a Charm by Candace Havens (Brownwyn the Witch)

6.   Red Mortal by Deidre Knight (Gods of Midnight)

7.   My Fair Succubi by Jill Myles (The Succubus Diaries)

8.  Succubi Are Forever by Jill Myles (The Succubus Diaries)

9.   Demon Possessed by Stacia Kane (Megan Chase)  FEB 2015