Review: Beast Behaing Badly by Shelly Laurenston

Beast Behaving Badly - Shelly Laurenston

SERIES: Pride, #5

BOOK BLURB:

Some men just have more to offer. Like Bo Novikov, the hard-muscled shape-shifter hero of this wildly funny, deeply sexy new novel from Shelly Laurenston--part polar bear, part lion, pure alpha. . .

Ten years after Blayne Thorpe first encountered Bo Novikov, she still can't get the smooth-talking shifter out of her head. Now he's shadowing her in New York--all seven-plus feet of him--determined to protect her from stalkers who want to use her in shifter dogfights. Even if he has to drag her off to an isolated Maine town where the only neighbors are other bears almost as crazy as he is. . .

Let sleeping dogs lie. Bo knows it's good advice, but he can't leave Blayne be. Blame it on her sweet sexiness--or his hunch that there's more to this little wolfdog than meets the eye. Blayne has depths he hasn't yet begun to fathom--much as he'd like to. She may insist Bo's nothing but a pain in her delectable behind, but polar bears have patience in spades. Soon she'll realize how good they can be together. And when she does, animal instinct tells him it'll be worth the wait. . .

MY THOUGHTS:

Well, that was fun. I think this book might be my favorite of the series so far.

Blayne Thorpe is a sweet, goofy, tail-chasing, carefree, live for the moment kind of wolfdog hybrid who wears a watch more for the pretty than the time keeping. She knowingly annoys the crap out of Dee-Ann Smith while letting everyone think she is completely oblivious.

Bo Novikov is the exact opposite. He's a hockey playing OCD polar/lion bybrid with a penchant for being on time and making lists. Bo annoys the crap out of everyone without even trying.

Putting these two together has hilarious results. They are complete opposites but go together so well. I love me a goofball character as long as they are not TSTL. Blayne is definitely not stupid and she also can be quite fierce if backed into a corner. I enjoyed Blayne's goofiness as a secondary character in The Mane Squeeze (Lock and Gwen's book) but sometimes when a secondary character gets their own book they seem to change somehow and the thing you loved about them disappears. Not this time. Blayne stayed the same goofy wolfdog she was before.

As usual in this series, characters from the other books with their crazy antics, personalities, and humorous banter appear throughout the book. I love that and it often gives me a chuckle.

Though each of these books are complete stories with the expected HEA, there is so much character interaction and quirky personalities, I recommend starting from the beginning so you don't miss the references in the dialogue and nuances of the characters.

And with that I will leave you with one final thought... Badger!